The Red Store, Youghal
The Red Store Bar and Restaurant opened in 1999 in a renovated Grain Store which dates from the early 1900’s. It retains many of the unique features of the original Grain Store including the large arched windows, high ceiling and much of the original brickwork. The Red Store moniker relates to the yellow and red old Youghal brick from which the original building was constructed.
Carvery Lunch is served daily in the Bar. An extensive Bar Menu is available after lunch through to 9:30pm.
The first floor restaurant, which can accommodate fifty people, enjoys views of the busy North Main Street and Youghal’s old Alms Houses. The combination of Irish Oak finishes, old Youghal brickwork and low vaulted ceiling provides a distinctive atmosphere for all groups large or small.
We can provide catering to order for family events and functions. Please contact us if you would like to enquire about holding your function at the Red Store or to get information about catering.
Food Serving Times
Early Afternoon Menu – Served Daily from 12:30 to 6:00
Dinner Menu Served daily from 2:30 ’til late
Red Store Using Local Producers
At the Red Store we try to use as much local produce as we can.
- JJ Wall from Whitegate provides us with freshly cut chips
- Collins Bread, Youghal, is used for making our fantastic toasties
- St. Raphael’s, Youghal provides summer leaves for our salads when in season
- Home-made jam from Mary O’Connell, Ballymacoda gives our home-made scones that extra touch
- Our fish comes from MJ Flanagan in Waterford
- Our home-made beer batter uses Twelve Towers Beer, produced in Youghal by the Munster Brewery
- CL Meats in Cork and Sean Twomey in Youghal provide our meat
Early Afternoon Menu – Served from 12:00 – 6PM
Dinner Menu – Served from 2.30PM – Late
Visitor Information in Brief
10:30 - late