Youghal Medieval Festival 2018
On the 19th August this year Youghal will once again celebrate its renowned beauty, heritage, history and welcoming camaraderie with its celebrated and award winning Youghal Medieval Festival.
Celebrating National Heritage Week, Youghal Medieval Festival will bring together over 150 performers, entertainers, musicians, historians, re-enactors and over 40 events. It will all take place on Sunday 19th August 2018 with many other ancillary medieval happenings on the Saturday (18th).
The Full Programme of Events:
- Between 10am and 4pm: Sir Walter Raleigh’s Treasure Trail of St. Mary;s Collegiate Church & Grounds
- Tours at 10.30am and 2pm: Guided tours of St. Mary’s Collegiate Church (30 minute duration).
- At 12noon: The fascinating true story of “Carolina – The Princess of Capua”.
- At 1pm: “Urban Wildlife” – Explore our natural heritage at St. Mary’s Graveyard (30/35 minutes).
- At 3pm: “St. Mary’s Collegiate Church” – Custom & Liturgy directed its architecture.
- From 6pm to 8pm: FREE Gala concert with noted vocalists Caroline Fraher & John Daly.
- Between 10am and 4pm: Sir Walter Raleigh’s treasure trail of St. Mary’s Collegiate Church & Grounds.
- Between 10am and 4pm: “Can you dig it?” Archaeological dig for kids! (suitable for ages 8+. 35 minutes).
- At 12noon and 3pm: Medieval Battle!
- Between 12noon and 5pm: ‘The White Horse Vikings’ Medieval Village Experience.
- Between 12noon and 6pm: A whole range of kids fun! (Face painting, coin pressing, balloon magic and so much more!)
- Between 12noon and 6pm: Show N’Tell Archery Display with Peter O’Connor.
- Between 12noon and 6pm: Animal Magic – interact with some of the most majestic and awe inspiring creatures, Birds of Prey.
- Between 12noon and 6pm: Artisan Food and Craft Fair.
- At 12.30pm and 3.30pm: Kids Medieval Battle! (suitable for kids 7-10 years).
- At 1.30pm: Performance by Youghal Pipe Band.
- Tours at 2pm and 4pm: Guided Tours of St. Mary’s Collegiate Church.
- At 2.30pm and 4.30pm: ‘Janey Mac’ by Cork Favourties the Dowtcha Puppets.